Tools for Tomorrow: Easter
Easter is one the most important and oldest festivals of the Christian Church. The date of Easter varies between March 22 and April 25, depending on the date of the first full moon after the Spring Equinox. Many Americans follow the traditions of coloring hard-boiled eggs and giving baskets of candy to celebrate Easter. The Easter Bunny is a popular legendary gift-giving character – similar to Santa Claus – in American culture. In other countries, Easter and Easter Monday are public holidays, and businesses are closed.
Fun fact: The idea of an egg-laying bunny came to the United States in the 18th century through German immigrants in the Pennsylvania Dutch area, calling him the “Osterhase” – meaning Easter Hare.
Make the most of this colorful (and sugary!) holiday by getting a head start on planning now, before the new year is underway. Read on for a few restaurant, retail and spa promotional ideas we’d like to tuck into our Easter basket!
- Have an Easter egg hunt for your customers! Hide colorful plastic eggs filled with special offers throughout your store.
- Host an family friendly Easter brunch! Extra points for having the Easter Bunny stop by!
- If you own a bakery, offer pre-packaged Easter goodies to stock your customers’ Easter baskets.
- Offer your restaurant customers Easter Dinner to go!
- Host your own version of The Washington Post’s Peep Contest!
- Set up a craft station and host a party for kids (and adults!) to decorate Easter Eggs.
- Hand out Easter treats at the register!
- Create a “Spruce Up for Spring” salon menu of services – you could include specials on makeup application/purchases and on hair highlighting or coloring services!
- Merchandise Easter/Spring dresses and accessories together to create a cohesive presentation for your customers.
- Host a spring wine or beer tasting event to introduce new/seasonal offerings.
How will you be celebrating Easter with your customers?