Tools for Tomorrow: New Year’s Eve
New Year’s Eve is the last day of the year. In many countries, this day and night are celebrated at parties or other social gatherings, where people dance, drink champagne, make resolutions and watch fireworks. In light of all the festivities, New Year’s Eve is the perfect opportunity for you to engage with your customers and either (a) invite them to celebrate with you, or (b) help them celebrate on their own!
Below, we’ve listed a few ideas for how your small business can celebrate the New Year – no matter what industry you’re in!
- Host a pre-party (i.e. more casual) neighborhood cookout for your customers from 5:00 – 8:00 PM. It’s a great way to attract the customers who don’t want to be out late on New Year’s Eve but still want to attend a festive event.
- Add traditionally “lucky” food items to your menu: grapes, black eyed peas, lentils, soba noodles, pork and greens.
- Make sure your customers know about your catering services well in advance of the New Year – offer packages for “dinner for two,” or “hosting a crowd.”
- Host a champagne tasting at your wine shop so that customers can feel knowledgable and stock up for their New Year’s Eve parties!
- Remerchandise your retail store to make finding a New Year’s Eve outfit easy for your customers.
- Group items that would make for appropriate host/hostess gifts near the register so customers can grab and go!
- Schedule “special event” hair and makeup tutorials and/or application appointments at your salon or spa! You can either show your customers how to beautify themselves for a big event, or you can do it for them!
How will you be celebrating New Year’s Eve with your customers?
For more information on marketing holidays (and how to celebrate them) visit our Marketing Holiday Calendar!