Tips for Today: Super Bowl Marketing
On Sunday, February 7, football fans around the country will gather in bars or in front of a friend’s big screen TV to watch Super Bowl 50 in San Francisco, California. Regardless of your team affiliation, or who ends up making it to the big game, Super Bowl is the perfect time to market your catering services, or celebrate with customers in-house with specials and prizes. Here’s a short list of some pretty cool marketing ideas:
- Have a serious craft beer program at your bar or restaurant? Feature beers from the cities of the two teams that are competing in Super Bowl 50 on tap!
- In addition to the traditional game day pricing specials on food or beer, host a raffle at your bar or restaurant to keep customers entertained before, during and after the game.
- Catering outfits can put together a “Game Day” package for customers to pick up the morning of the Super Bowl. Include menu items that are perfect for a party: appetizers, fried chicken, dips that can easily be reheated, etc.
- Pizza places: offer your customers 20% off their entire order when they order 4 or more pizzas!
- Retailers can take “bets” on who will win by creating a fishbowl for each team by your POS. Customers can drop a business card in their team’s jar for a chance to win a special offer. Plus, you’ll get a few extra email addresses out of the deal!
- Schedule a great local band to perform before or after the game, or set up your Super Bowl festivities as an all day thing – offering brunch or lunch specials, giveaways, or other fun activities to keep customers engaged!
- Offer specials to your retail customers who come in wearing their team’s jersey the week before the game.
Are you doing anything fun for the big game? Seen anything fun to share?