Key Fall Menu Items
Do you change your menu from season to season? While a complete menu overhaul may be too daunting for your small business, making small changes to your appetizers, desserts or baked good offerings can make help your menu seem current and seasonal. Plus, these items will entice your customers to keep coming back to see what’s new!
We’ve rounded up some of our favorite fall flavors (and ways to incorporate them) below!
- Oysters – ’tis the season! They’re best eaten in the colder months – from September to April.
- Butternut Squash – roast it, puree it, put it on pizza or make it into a pasta sauce. The possibilities are endless!
- Pecans – delicious toasted over salads, in a wild rice medley, baked into pastries or served spiced, as an appetizer.
- Root Vegetables – roasted potatoes, carrots, turnips, and parsnips are the perfect side dish for the season.
- Pumpkin – pumpkin pancakes, muffins, cookies, pie, puree are all no-brainers. Don’t forget toasted pumpkin seeds for your salads, baked goods, or just as a snack!
- Apples (and Apple Cider)– it’s harvest season for apples and they’re great over salads, in baked goods, and blended into butternut squash soup. Apple cider makes a great braising liquid for pork, chicken and turkey.
- Stews, soups and chills – add some good “stick to your ribs” stews and soups to your fall arsenal.
- Seasonal cocktails – feature classic fall flavors such as apple cider, caramel, cinnamon, vanilla, or honey. Don’t forget to update your wine and beer selections, as well!
Bonus points if you can gather these ingredients from local purveyors. Customers love supporting local businesses!
What are some of your favorite fall flavors? Let us know in the comments section below!