Tips for Today: Flag Day Marketing
This year in the United States, Flag Day is celebrated on Sunday, June 14. It commemorates the adoption of the flag of the United States in 1777. The United States Army also celebrates the Army Birthday on this date. And while Flag Day is not an official federal holiday, the week of June 14 is designated as National Flag Week. During this week, the President of the United States will issue a proclamation urging citizens to fly the American flag for the duration of that week.
So, how can your small business get in the patriotic spirit? We’ve got a few ideas!
Flag Day Marketing Ideas
- If appropriate, hang an American flag outside your business during National Flag Week (or all year long!).
- Make special patriotic treats for your bakery customers, like this example from Solvang Bakery.
- Host a patriotic party – have a barbeque, play rousing marches, and wave the flag. If permissible, have sparklers outside for children.
- Offer your customers a discount on anything red, white or blue! This example from a Goodwill store combines Flag Day with a Father’s Day promotion.
- If you own a bar or restaurant, why not offer special drink pricing on domestic beers, wines and spirits? You could also extend this promotion to include any typically “American” appetizers.
We hope these simple ideas will help you celebrate Flag Day (and Flag Week) with your employees and customers.