National Random Acts of Kindness Week
While many of us celebrate the traditional February holidays (Valentine’s Day, President’s Day, etc.), there’s one not-so-traditional holiday that we wanted to share with you: National Random Acts of Kindness Week, taking place from February 9 – 15. Promoted by the Random Acts of Kindness Foundation, RAK Week encourages us all to step outside of our comfort zones and make a small gesture of kindness each day of the week.
You might have seen examples of or experienced Random Acts of Kindness – paying the toll for the person behind you, helping a stranger with their groceries, or even just thanking your mail carrier. These little acts are often inexpensive (or free!) and don’t require much time or effort. Yet, they make a huge impact! Smiling at a stranger or offering your seat to someone on the train or bus can make a difference in their day.
While random acts of kindness are surely appreciated at any time, it might be fun to commit your business to kind acts for this one week in February. We bet you’ll feel good and find new ways to bond as a team.
Random Acts of Kindness
- Smile at a stranger
- Sit with someone new at lunch and ask about their day
- Sweep the sidewalk for your neighboring businesses
- Give directions to someone who looks lost
- Help carry a customer’s heavy bags to a car (even if they’re not your customer!)
- Distribute care packages to homeless people in your community
- Praise your coworkers
- Write a letter of recommendation for one of your vendors or even the neighborhood barrista
- Pay the parking meters in front of your location
- Write a funny note to a friend or neighbor
- Let someone with fewer items cut you in line at the grocery store
- Bring someone flowers
- Clear the snow off your neighbors cars
All of these little acts add up to a big impact, especially when your entire team is working to make them happen!
Have you ever completed random acts of kindness? Or, have you been the recipient of one? Let us know in the comments section below!