Donating Services or Goods to a Charity
Say there’s a Habitat for Humanity build going on in your neighborhood. Maybe you can’t volunteer with the group, but perhaps, as a restaurant or cafe, you could donate coffee, pastries or sandwiches. Or, if you operate a salon or spa, you could offer 10-minute massages to volunteers. Not only would you be helping a cause in need, your business would be associated with a great cause.
Other ideas include:
- Donate coffee or pastries to a local charity’s monthly meeting
- Donate pizza or subs to a fire station
- Provide catering for your non-profit theater
- Set up a table of beverages and snacks at a community fair, charity race or other event.
- Drop off healthy snacks for a children’s event at your local community center
Don’t forget to include menus, business cards or other information about your business when you drop off your donated goods. Or, if you’re able to have a representative from your team on site, make sure they are well-versed in how your company is involved in your community, and what other catering or special services you offer.
Have you ever donated goods or services to a charity? Tell us about it in the comments section below!