Super Bowl Promotion Round Up
This Sunday, February 3, the Baltimore Ravens take on the San Francisco 49ers in the 47th Super Bowl in New Orleans, Louisiana. Regardless of your team affiliation, Super Bowl is the perfect time to market your catering services, or celebrate with customers in-house with specials and prizes. Here’s a short list of some pretty cool local marketing ideas:
Who’s Doing What
- Brew Bowl I: The Super Bowl of Beer – Washingtonian Magazine’s expert tasting team compared beers representing cities with NFL teams that made the playoffs. The cities’ beers “competed” in the same way that the cities’ teams did. For example, 3 Stars Brewing Company out of Washington, D.C. battled Seattle’s Pike Brewing Company in the Wildcard round – in the same way the Washington Redskins and the Seattle Seahawks faced off in the playoffs. For the breakdown on the best playoff brew, visit The Washingtonian online.
- Cajun Pizza? – Maybe not quite, but Fire Works Pizza will be hosting a Super Bowl party with plenty of Cajun flair, with favorites like gumbo, jambalaya, and shrimp po’boys to transport guests to the Big Easy. With happy hour-priced drinks, and other specials, they’re also offering over $300 in total prizes to guests at their Clarendon location.
- Party To Go – Society Fair in Alexandria, VA is stocked with party provisions to pull together the perfect at-home tailgate experience. For $175 you can order “The Big Game,” including fried chicken, pulled pork BBQ and rolls, house-made all-natural hot dogs and buns and hot Texas chili.
- Hostess With the Mostess – HomeMade Pizza Co. has Party Packs (starting at just $35) to help customers host a crowd for the big game. By ordering at least 4 medium or large pizzas + sides, guests can save 20% on their entire order.
- All Inclusive – Midtown BBQ & Brew in Baltimore is now accepting reservations for a $50 all-you-can-drink domestic drafts and rail drinks, plus all-you-can-eat pig roast.
- Football Favorites – Rocklands BBQ, a D.C. Metro-area chain is offering specials on their crowd-pleasing menu items. Get 3 pounds of wings for $19.49, or feed 6-8 people with a spread of barbequed meats and sides for $109.99. For orders over $200, delivery is free.
Fun Facts about Super Bowl XLVII
- This is the first Super Bowl to feature opposing head coaching brothers: Baltimore’s John Harbaugh and San Francisco’s Jim Harbaugh.
- This is the first Super Bowl in which both of the teams have appeared in, but not yet lost, a previous Super Bowl. So, the winner of Super Bowl XLVII will become the only remaining team in the NFL to have appeared in multiple Super Bowls without losing a Super Bowl.
- This is the first Super Bowl to be held in New Orleans since the Superdome sustained damage from Hurricane Katrina in 2005.
- Due to the February 3 date of Super Bowl XLVII, the 2013 Mardi Gras calendar in Orleans Parish will be changed. Parades scheduled for February 3 will now be moved ahead by 1 week.
Are you doing anything fun for the big game? Seen anything fun to share? Let us know!