Top 5 Tips for Word-of-Mouth Marketing
Word-of-mouth communication is the most important, influential, and credible way for information to spread about your business. It is more important than any other form of marketing or advertising we know.
What creates word-of-mouth? What does it take to get people to talk about your business? Here are 5 top tips to consider:
- Word-of-mouth awareness of your business will spread when you give your customers and potential customers reasons to talk about your brand. You need to be worth talking about – for the right reasons!
- Word-of-mouth recommendations from friends, family, and colleagues are the most trusted form of “advertising” for your brand. Treat every customer as if they are going to tell all of their family, friends and colleagues how their experience with your business was.
- For word-of-mouth to take place, your business needs to be remarkable in some way. Literally – you need to be worth remarking about. The status quo won’t cut it! Additionally, being remarkable can’t be faked or the result of a stunt. It comes from being authentically remarkable to your customers.
- Doing things that help you stand apart from your competition will help you be remarkable. Visit your competition to learn what you can do better or differently.
- Your brand will be worth talking about when you’re being original and empowering your employees. Empowered employees are more engaged, happier and take better care of customers.
Are there any brands that you find yourself constantly talking about? A coffee shop that gets your coffee ready as soon as they see you walk in? A wine shop that always helps you find what you’re looking for? A restaurant that makes every meal feel special? Let us know about your favorite remarkable brands in the comment section below!