Banners are signs that can be displayed outside of your location or inside your location to build awareness of promotions or events.
There are many different types of banners:
- promotional or seasonal
- branded (usually an outside banner used to draw attention to your location)
Things to Consider
- Think about where you’ll use the banner: inside or outside? If it will be outdoors for a long period of time (several months), it will need to be sturdier and weatherproof. If you can place it inside a window, you won’t have to worry about the weather.
- How it will be hung? Do you need a banner stand to keep it sturdy outside or inside? Will you need to fasten the sign to your location and have grommets added?
- How long you keep the sign up can determine the type of material.
- Do you want to do promotional banners in your location to promote your new seasonal offerings? If so, it may be worth investing in a nice banner stand. There are banner stands available through many online companies for indoor and outdoor use. (Google “Banner Stands”)
Banner Message & Design
The most important thing about your banner is the message. Make sure it’s…
- Clear and simple
- Easy to read
- Pleasing to look at / visually appealing
- Communicates your point
- Drives action by the customer or potential customer.
If you don’t already have a designer you feel comfortable working with on promotional products, consider finding one. They can help you design your banner.
Work with a local sign shop or find an online provider who can provide quality signage at a good value. Ensure you’re printing the right material for the right use.