Easter is one the most important and oldest festivals of the Christian Church. The date of Easter varies between March 22 and April 25, depending on the date of the first full moon after the Spring Equinox.
Make the most of this colorful (and sugary!) holiday by hosting a special event for your customers. Read on for a few restaurant, retail and spa promotional ideas we’d like to tuck into our Easter basket!
Many Americans follow the traditions of coloring hard-boiled eggs and giving baskets of candy to celebrate Easter. The Easter Bunny is a popular legendary gift-giving character – similar to Santa Claus – in American culture. In other countries, Easter and Easter Monday are public holidays, and businesses are closed.
- The idea of an egg-laying bunny came to the United States in the 18th century through German immigrants in the Pennsylvania Dutch area, calling him the “Osterhase” – meaning Easter Hare.
- Each year, the President of the United States holds an Easter egg rolling contest on the lawn of the White House.
- Both hares and eggs are symbols of fertility, and are thus associated with Easter and the Spring season.
- Have an Easter egg hunt for your customers! Hide colorful plastic eggs filled with special offers throughout your store.
- Host an family friendly Easter brunch! Extra points for having the Easter Bunny stop by!
- If you own a bakery, offer pre-packaged Easter goodies to stock your customers’ Easter baskets.
- Offer your restaurant customers Easter Dinner to go!
- Host your own version of The Washington Post’s Peep Contest!
- Set up a craft station and host a party for kids (and adults!) to decorate Easter Eggs.
- Hand out Easter treats at the register!
- Create a “Spruce Up for Spring” salon menu of services – you could include specials on makeup application / purchases and on hair highlighting or coloring services!
- Merchandise Easter / Spring dresses and accessories together to create a cohesive presentation for your customers.
Here are a few restaurant, retail and spa promotions we’d like to tuck in our Easter Basket:
For $45 / person, enjoy an authentic Italian lunch at famed eatery Bibiana, in Washington, D.C. When they are offering Arancini filled with peas, prosciutto and mozzarella, how can you say no?
Co Co.Sala, a chocolate lounge and boutique in Washington, D.C., has a way of seamlessly integrating chocolate into all aspects of your meal. Their Easter Brunch menu is no exception, and the kids even get a visit from the Co Co. Easter Bunny!
The Lapos Salon at the Fontainebleau in Miami is helping their clients get ready for Spring weather with discounts on makeup applications / purchases, and on hair color or highlight service! What better way to embrace change than with a new look?
Flour Bakery + Café in Boston has a special menu created just for the Easter holiday. In addition to their regular / favorite offerings, they are serving up freshly baked hot cross buns, carrot cake cupcakes and meringue “Peeps” to their customers.
The Whole Foods Market in Alexandria, VA is hosting an Easter Egg decorating event for the whole family, with proceeds benefiting The Whole Planet Foundation. Complimentary beverages and cookies are provided. Have fun, and do good – it’s a win-win!
What goes better with a nice salty Easter ham than…. Beer? Apparently so, as Grape + Bean (a wine, beer and coffee bar in Alexandria, VA) is bringing in a seasonal beer just for that occasion! Their Facebook post below educates their customers and creating a sense of urgency to get in there and try it – perfect!
Check out our Marketing Holiday Calendar for more dates to celebrate!