Offer complimentary products, services, or specials for employees, at targeted companies within your Trade Area, who show their work identification (badge, business card) to your store employees. This is a great way to build community and make them regulars.
Deliver a pre-written eMail template or printed flyer to office managers for them to forward on to their colleagues within the company.
- Have this offer only be valid for a limited time, and provide the expiration date in the e-Mail and on the flyer.
- Have the offer be valid only during the time of day you pre-define. If your morning daypart is not busy, make the offer valid for that time. If your afternoons are slow, make the offer valid for that daypart.
- Be sure to check with your legal counsel when planning this idea to ensure it is legal to implement this tactic in your area. In addition, you need to be extremely careful in managing electronically communicated offers such as this.
- A restaurant could offer free fries with a burger.
- A coffee shop could offer a free latte after lunch.
- A spa could add an additional 15 minutes to a massage on Tuesday afternoons.
Photo Source: flickr.com/photos/mcpig/2130106302