It has been said that it takes 12 positive service experiences for a customer to “forget” 1 negative service experience. If you’ve ever tried to make amends with an dissatisfied customer, I think you’ll agree that it can take awhile to fully regain a customer’s trust and loyalty.
One of our mottos here at LSMGuide is that you don’t necessarily need to go the extra MILE to win over a customer. Usually, all it takes is going a few extra steps.
Below, you’ll find 12 easy ways to improve the daily experience of your customers.
- Hold the door open for them as they enter or exit.
- Offer them hot cider (or cold water – depending on the weather) as they browse your shop.
- Give them a sincere compliment.
- Offer to carry their packages to their car.
- Give their dog or their child a complimentary treat.
- Give them a complimentary treat.
- Offer to hold their wet umbrella behind the register while they look around.
- Return their calls / emails within the same business day, if possible.
- Greet them warmly.
- Say thank you when they check out.
- Ask how you can help, and listen. No really. Just listen.
- Take care when packaging up their purchases.
See the Customer Experience Guide for the comprehensive approach to this topic.