When building your communications strategy – in trying to reach your customers and potential customers – it is critical to consider “where” these people are, and the best venue and vehicle with which to reach them.
The following list includes over 200 of the most common means and ways to reach customers. Use this to inspire your next strategy and brainstorm meeting. Use it as a checklist for potential vehicles you aren’t currently using.
For those of you in retail, you’ll appreciate the second list of signs and tools we marketers used at Starbucks Coffee to build awareness and communicate in-store and out-of-store.
DIRECT MARKETING / ADS
Electronic, Social, & Interactive Media
The above list is based on the MarCom Awards entry ballot… these are the categories used to classify materials submitted for entry.
Additional Vehicles Not Listed Above
- Sky Writing – you’ll see this in the summer above a theme park.
- Banner Pulled By Airplane – great for summer beach.
- Bar Coasters – smart to reach the drinking audience.
- Airline Tray Stickers – decal stuck to the top of airplane tray.
- Street Chalk – be careful with this one, some cities consider this graffiti.
- Zamboni ice resurfacer – anyone sponsoring the Zamboni at the hockey rink? Nothing else is on the rink.
Bonus Starbucks Coffee Company List
Here is a bonus list of vehicles we used back in 2004 at Starbucks Coffee. One of the projects I worked on was to consolidate the number of message spaces in-store to reduce the messaging to the fewer, more meaningful elements.
If you have other venues or vehicles, please submit them and we’ll add them to this master list.