Tools for Tomorrow: Valentine’s Day
Valentine’s Day is observed each year on February 14. Across the United States and all over the world, candy, flowers, and gifts are exchanged between loved ones on Valentine’s Day. It’s a great opportunity for you to show your customers some love! It could be as simple as giving them some candy at checkout, or you could offer them specials “for two.” Read on for more ideas!
- Offer a romance-themed tasting or class for your customers! Wine shops can do “date night” wines and kitchen supply stores could offer romantic cooking classes.
- Pet retail shops can host a Valentine’s Day pet photo contest! Ask your customers to submit cute photos of their pets on your Facebook page (or other social media account) for a chance to win a gift certificate.
- Give away Hershey’s Kisses to each customer at check-out.
- Merchandise the “perfect” Valentine’s Day gifts for him and her, or group pink and red clothing and accessories together for a fun display.
- Create a pre-fixe menu for those celebrating Valentine’s Day – you can go all out (multiple course) or do something simple like wine, cheese plate and dessert.
- Host an “Singles Soiree” party or pre-fixe dinner at your restaurant or bar to cater to the single customers in your town.
- Create a romantic mood in your restaurant by lighting candles and hiring strolling musicians.
- Bake up some Valentine’s Day treats at your bakery! Pink and red sugar cookies, heart-shaped donuts, and other lovely treats are sure to brighten up the month of February.
- Create “gourmet to go” meals for customers to pick up on February 14. By taking the work out of preparing a delicious meal, you’re sure to catch the eye of a last minute planner (or, klutzy cook).
- Sometimes the most romantic thing to do is give your loved one a little alone time. Create a pampering package your spa or salon so that it’s easy for customers to give their loved one a little “me” time.
- A couples massage is another tried and true romantic spa service, especially around Valentine’s Day. Mix it up by offering a massage + massage training course so that your customers can learn the basics of massage!
- Lawn service (or other household maintenance) companies can offer customer discounts for services provided on or around Valentine’s Day. This way, you’re helping your customers check items off of their “Honey Do” lists, and getting a jump start on the Spring maintenance season.
How will you be celebrating Valentine’s Day with your customers?