Your location donates time, money, resources or supplies to help clean up trash at a lake, river or beach area. This could also include fixing up the area by planting trees or plants, repairing fences, etc.
Contact your city’s Parks Department and/or visit the website for your town/city to find the proper organizations who may need your support.
There are typically annual events for lake, river, and beach clean-ups. Google the name of the location + “clean-up” to help your search.
You can provide support through donation of:
- labor (with your employees),
- with catering (providing refreshments and food for volunteers),
- with supplies (buy gloves and proper tools to donate),
- and/or cash donation.
To have the greatest impact, first discuss what the needs are with the organizers.
While donations of any kind are usually appreciated, it is very satisfying to have a team of volunteers – wearing shirts with your company logo on them – donating their time within the community.
You can also get your customers involved.
- Have your employees talk it up to your customers.
- Use in-store signage to promote the event and your participation, a counter card or on your Community Board.
- Send a Calendar Listing to local media inviting the community to participate.
If it will be a big event, also invite media to attend via a Media Advisory.
Here is a great article published by Green Hands USA offering tips for Beach Clean-Up.